Experience : Mid-Senior Level
Industry : Logistics & Supply Chain
Job Function : Product Management
Employment Type : Full-Time
- Experience in Logistics Industry and Software Development
- Exposure to Marketing and Sales Processes
- Post Graduate Degree, preferably in Business, Supply Chain or Marketing
- Collection and Prioritization of business and market requirements from prospective customers, customers of earlier versions of the product, domain experts, technology visionaries, market experts, products / solutions from competing vendors, etc.
- Crafting of Marketing Requirements Documents, or MRDs, which synthesize the requirements / needs of various stakeholders as outlined above.
- Using the MRD as a basis, come up with a product requirements document or PRD, as an input to the engineering team to build out the product. A PRD is generally not the same as a functional specification since it specifies what a product should do, but not how the product should do it. Frequently, a PRD can be a collection of Use Cases with flow diagrams, Customer Activity Diagrams, HTML mock-ups, etc. It can have other details such as the software deployment environment (client-server, web, etc.).
- Deliver the PRD to the software engineering team, and manage conflicts between the development time frames, the sales teams, and the engineering teams, as it applies to the software products to be built out.
- Deal with the delivery of the product. This can vary from demonstrating the product to customers using web-based conferencing tools, to building product demonstrations, to other placement and promotion tactics.